This section of the blog contains articles about the Oracle suite of Enterprise Content Management applications. This includes Universal Content Management (UCM), Web Content Management (WCM), Universal Records Management (URM), and a little bit of Information Rights Management (IRM). I helped create several of these products, and thus am very opinionated about how they should be used... I also cover technologies and topics relevant to content management in general, such as enterprise search, and identity management.
Besides the articles in this section, you may also benefit from the following sources:
Primary Oracle ECM Sources
- The Yahoo Group For Stellent Users: this is an email list with 2500 subscribers, and over 15000 messages in the archives
- The Oracle Enterprise Content Management Forum: a more "official" forum, although it gets less traffic, and has far fewer items in its archive
Oracle ECM Blogs
- Fusion ECM: the official Oracle blog on content management, starring Billy Cripe, and occasionally Raoul Miller.
- Oracle IRM: the official Oracle blog for Information Rights Management, starring Simon Thorpe.
- Kyle's Blog On UCM: another Oracle "Best Practices" blog, staring Kyle Hatlestad
- ECM Alerts: Oracle ECM product marketing blog, for official news about events and new product launches
- Content On Content Management: David Roe's blog on Oracle Content Management.
- webmonkeymagic: mikeyc7m's tips and rants on web content management, Site Studio, SSPU, and the like.
- John Sim's blog: web content management, and web design blog. Lots of Site Studio tips.
- Jason Stortz's blog: IdocScript, Components, Site Studio, and general tips and tricks.
- Ryan Sullivan's blog: the usual ECM stuff!
Additional Oracle ECM Resources
- Official Oracle Content Management Wiki: a good place to start to find information on content management.
- Main Oracle ECM Page: includes links to all the product lines (imaging, conversion, records management, and UCM).
- Official 10gr3 documentation: more than you'll ever need to know...
- Free Oracle ECM Samples Components.
- Independent Oracle Users' Group: a small handful of Stellent resources, including a listserv.
- SCS Components: an site with some free and commercial components for the content server.
- Recorded Oracle Events: general recording of Oracle webcasts, including a few about Stellent.
- RSS Feed for Yahoo Group: For some reason, Google won't spider Yahoo's site very well, so I publish this RSS Feed to make content more findable.
If you know of another notable Oracle ECM site, send me an email! I'd define "notable" as any "official" site, or a site that posts useful information at least once per month...